The ENCORE mDSD DAC outperforms anything in its price class and compares favourably to digital-to-analog converters and headphone amplifiers costing significantly more. It provides the listener with truly full-range sound with commanding bass and an impressive full-frequency response. The improvement in sound quality is easy to hear.
Many low cost portable DACs can only decode up to 24-bit/96kHz PCM and do notsupport DSD decoding. The ENCORE mDSD is capable of decoding sample rates ranging from 44.1kHz to 384kHz (PCM) as well as native DSD decoding ranging from DSD 64 up to DSD 256, making it the most capable USB-powered portable DAC on the market today!
The ENCORE mDSD is compatible with a wide range of devices — Apple computers and iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads, all PCs and many Android devices.
It can drive many headphones with ease including some top audiophile brands. Of course our own ENCORE RockMaster on-ear and in-ear headphones are an excellent match for a killer combo that won’t cost a fortune!
The ENCORE mDSD is the smallest high performance USB DAC available on the market today. Measuring just 2 – 3/8″ x 1 – 3/16″ x 3/8″ the ENCORE mDSD can travel easily in your pocket, backpack or briefcase.
With a USB cable that connects to your iOS device or Android, it’s a great way to get improved sound quality from your smartphone or tablet.
OUTSTANDING SOUND QUALITY
If you’ve only listened to music through your existing computer sound card or the built-in DAC in your iOS or Android device, you will find this USB powered external DAC an unmistakable improvement in sound quality. If you have an older external DAC that can only decode 24-bit/96kHz PCM, the ENCORE mDSD will allow you to hear and feel more of your favorite music. The superior sound will provide a definite upgrade to your listening experience.
The ENCORE mDSD has been designed by NuPrime Audio, designer and manufacturer of some of the best audio products available on the market today. NuPrime has been awarded four, 2015 – Product Of The Year Awards from The Absolute Sound and SoundStage! Network, an unheard-of achievement in high-end audio.
- 32-bit/384kHz PCM and native DSD 256 decoding
- Discrete USB audio receiver and D/A converter
- Asynchronous transfer mode for doubled jitter-reduction at data input and over-sampling filter stages
- High-performance headphone amplifier
- Optical output (shared with 3.5mm headphone out) capable of S/PDIF and DoP stream
- USB powered, no external power supply required. It can be powered directly by mobile phones USB port.
- Output impedance 30 to 300 Ohm.
- Output power >= 40mW X 2
- Max output voltage 2V
- Diminutive size measuring just 2 – 3/8″ x 1 – 3/16″ x 3/8″
- Weight: 1.023 ounce (29g)
- Works with Android (4.1 & above with OTG), iOS (with camera adapter USB cable), Windows 7/8/10, and Mac. Windows device driver download is required, other devices do not need driver.
- Available in silver or black finish
This product does not include any accessories. An Android OTG cable can be purchased online for as low as $2 and it connects between the Android device and Encore mDSD. The Apple USB Camera Adapter cable is used to connect iOS device to Encore mDSD. Both a PC and Mac have a USB port for the mDSD to connect directly without any cable.
Windows Drivers: Download
Please Note: You should connect your earphones to the mDSD before connecting to the mobile device.
For international orders, although we will do our best to ship straight away, please allow up to three days to process and ten days for shipping.
Black, UPC: 869658000004, GTIN-14: 00869658000004
Silver, UPC: 869658000011, GTIN-14: 00869658000011